Admission Application Requirements for Home-schooled Students
JKU’s College of Undergraduate Studies is looking for students who demonstrate a strong academic career and exemplify a vital Christian pursuit, personal integrity, and a desire for Christ-centered community.
The priority application deadline for financial aid and scholarship consideration is April 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.
However, JKU will continue to accept applications after these deadlines until our enrollment capacity is reached.
Note: If you have completed 15 or more college credits after graduating from at-home schooling, please complete the Admission Steps for Transfer Students instead.
JKU sets test scores and grade point averages as our minimum level of acceptance for traditional freshman admissions. Normally, the minimum freshman requirements for admission are:
- 2.8 GPA;
- A strong spiritual recommendation; and
- Admission essay responses
Students who do not meet these minimum requirements are encouraged to apply and the University will consider their application under a committee review process which may include a personal interview. Factors such as essay content, recommendation content, and extracurricular activity all contribute to an individual admission decision.
How to apply for admission
- Complete your Application for Admission, including essays
- Application processing fee
- Request your Spiritual Recommendation from a Pastor, Youth Pastor, Youth Worker, or Spiritual Mentor. This form should be completed by someone outside your family who can speak to your Christian testimony and growth. After starting your application for admissions, click on the START link under Recommendation Requests. This will send the online recommendation form to your recommender.
- Submit your Official home-school transcript and/or any transcripts form colleges you have attended. You may use our Institutional Transcript Request Form for this purpose. Please assure that each course is listed on your home-school transcripts along with a grade that is certified by your home-school instructor prior to sending it to JKU.
- Submit your Official test scores.
- The Office of Admission reserves the right to request additional information as deemed necessary to make a selection decision. JKU will make an admission decision when all application materials are received, and we’ll contact you within two weeks of your application submission to let you know our decision.
- It is important to apply for financial aid and student aid early by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon after October 1 as possible. You should also start searching for outside scholarships as early as possible. For more information on investing in your education at JKU, searching for scholarships, and applying for scholarships and financial aid, visit the financial aid website.
Send all transcripts, recommendations, test scores, and other correspondence to:
Juliana King University
Office of Admission
9896 Bissonnet Street. Suite 118
Houston, TX 77036
Your first step in applying to JKU is to Create an Account. The information from this secure account will automatically be entered on your online application, simplifying the process to complete the application.
Application in progress
If you previously started an admission application, Log In to your Account to access your saved application and continue or restart the online admission process.
Former students and applicants
If you previously applied for admission to JKU or were enrolled in classes, please contact the Admission Office at 713-255-9000 to discuss the readmission process.
Finished with your online application?
Submitted all your required documents? Learn what happens after you apply!